Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What does the song "Gabriel" by Lamb really mean?

"Gabriel", clear or hide meaning?

I have this song since late 2005 and I never really "listen" it carefully since today. I had the "I can fly, but I want his wings" stuck in my mind but never go farder...

So, today I realized that it talks about Gabriel, angel Gabriel, the one who made the announcement of Jesus' birth to Mary:

“Don’t be scared, Mary,” said Gabriel. “God has wonderfully blessed you. You will give
birth to a baby boy. You will name him Jesus. He shall be called the Son of God.
God will give him the throne of David and his Kingdom will never end!”
Based on Luke 1:26-56

Thus, he became one of God's chief messenger, who is also referred to as the "Left Hand of God and the embodiment of the Holy Spirit". See Gabriel's reference in wikipedia for more information.

Take a breath,... beautiful song, right? Listen it again, carefully, and let the wonderful music take you far away, you will feel something else... emotions.

Yes, she is happy, she can fly, she can even shine in the darkness, but she will never be complete, and is not for the angel.... She is in love. Gabriel, her true love, she needs him and she will never be as happy as she would be with him. She can love, but she needs his heart. She craves the light that he brings. Her angel Gabriel...

Listen again the song... or even read the lyrics. You will feel even more things. I have read some opinions in forums, and I have realized that the song can bring you positive or negative emotions according your current situation. Those who have found their true love would agree about they can not live without the other,... those who have been rejected for someone who love would agree that they can love someone else, but not as much as the other, "I need his heart". I think very few songs can do that... I mean, to transmit positive or negative meaning (not feeling) according to your sentimental situation.

A lot of people used to sing this song to their lovers, replacing "Gabriel" with the correct name. Beautiful way to say you are essential for me.

Anyway,... love stuff :P.

दाविद पेरेज़


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gabriel by Lamb is a beautiful track, so much emotion - thanks for posting the above :)

David Pérez said...

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your comment. I really appreciate it.

:D

.sash said...

As weird as it may sound I've just realized what the lyrics mean a few minutes ago, while listening to it. And I wanted to verify it by finding in the Internet someone's analysis/thoughts on the matter. Thank you for this little article! I thought - God, I have listened it like thousand times without really grasping what she was meaning. A true revelation made me like it even more.

These 2 rows got me thru :

...Bless the day he came to be
Angel's wings carried him to me....

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your post, you have helped me a lot! Love!

sabina said...

Thank you so much for your post, you have helped me a lot! Love!

hayleyak said...

I believe this song is about the loss of a child.

mondse said...

Me too!!!

Unknown said...

husband of 23 years passed unexpectantly ..... i asked a family member to sing this for me at the funeral